We've long passed the half way point of the Year of Faith. What have you done either personally or through your parish to learn more about your Catholic faith?
If the answer is nothing or very little, there is still time to set out to consciously learn more about our rich Catholic faith. Here are some suggestions.
It is not too late for you to register to get the daily emails to read the Catechism in a year. Granted, you aren't going to be able to accomplish the complete reading without going back and reading archived posts, but you could start today. You can register to receive the daily emails at Flocknote. If reading the Catechism through the emails isn't to your liking, you could pick one of the main sections of the Catechism and read it. I would recommend reading Part One, The Profession of Faith.
Documents of Vatican II
You still have time to read some of the documents of Vatican II. I recommend the following:
- Lumen Gentium - Dogmatic Constitution on the Church
- Dei Verbum - Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation
- Apostolicam Actuositatem - Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity
- Gaudium et Spes - Pastoral Consitution on the Church in the Modern World
- Sacrosanctum Concilium - Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy